Sunday, August 31, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
So she picks terrible children's names (Really terrible) and her favorite meal is Moose Stew, I think she is cool. She calls her husband (who was her high school sweetheart) "the first dude", she has 5 kids including a baby boy that was born 11 days after Sydney. She snowmobiles, fishes, and hunts. She was runner up for Miss Alaska (told ya she was a hot chick). In Alaska, they have bumper stickers that say "Coldest State, Hottest Governor" and lets not forget she sold the Alaska State airplane on Ebay.
Palin is Conservative, Pro-Life, she has been overseas visiting troops in several countries and she is the only candidate to have actually run a state and been commander and chief over a military organization (Alaska National Guard). KT gives her two thumbs up :)
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Was this a marketing error? Or is just this location changing the date and time? Either way....this pile of fliers didn't look too professional.
But hey, who cares there is a free Sorbetto or Vivanno waiting for me on Friday.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Anyway, on this very special day in 1978 my first brother was born. I love him so much. He is fun, funny (Isn’t it funny that fun and funny sound like such different things?) and when I need him he will always come running.
I Love you, Matt and I have just set a goal: You bring such joy to my life and my goal is this: To see you significantly more in your 30’s than I did in your 20’s. Happy Birthday, I Love You!
All times are in Mountain, in keeping with the rules of the competition.
- Kimberly just kicked the dog out of her bed. 5:34am
- Kimberly has woken up a late, and is trying to pack, get ready and take Sydney to grandma's within 1/2 hour. 7:45am
- Kimberly is glad the judges are still asleep. 8:25am
- Kimberly is once again headed to the Valley of the Sun! Thank you SWA! 9:17am
- Kimberly is practicing race walking at Sky Harbor Airport. 10:48am
- Kimberly is in the Phoenix heat sweating and waiting for her ride. I guess I didn't need to racewalk to the curb. 11:08am
- Kimberly is reading a book about 11:11!!! 12:21pm
- Kimberly is hanging out with two HCBC girls (Ruth and Laura) but best of all I am holding the miracle baby!!! Yeah, Herston! 12:30pm
- Kimberly is at the golden arches chowing down on a quarter pounder. 1:11pm
- Kimberly is going to meet Tom not Londa. 1:42pm
- Kimberly is seeing freedom fly from somewhere in Arizona. 2:24pm
- Kimberly is seeing status updates just fine. 2:36pm
- Kimberly has just been ordered to please rise. 2:41pm
- Kimberly is going in for the kill on FFSU!!! 3:39pm
- Kimberly is is headed towards the location of Episode 1 of the Kim and Laura show. 4:02pm
- Kimberly is standing in the rain updating her status. 4:33pm
- Kimberly thinks she does better in practice than in the main event. 5:07pm
- Kimberly thinks Sara should try updating her status without using the acronym FFSU. 6:20pm
- Kimberly just dodged a orange cone on the freeway. 6:22pm
- Kimberly is sitting at Dave and Busters and hoping to attract a crowd of guys!!! 6:50pm
- Kimberly has attracted a crowd of guys and 2 girls. 7:45pm
- Kimberly is contemplating recording episode 2 of the Kim and Laura show. 8:18pm
- Kimberly is going to call the Facebook police on Sara. 8:26pm
- Kimberly is sitting on a Harley. 8:56pm
- Kimberly is at BWW. 9:53pm
- Kimberly is missing her little girl. 10:43pm
- Kimberly is thinking that one of her greatest accomplishments is being a participant in the 2008 Olympics. 11:34pm
Monday, August 25, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
When the lights go out
Not everybody has fun
Not everybody runs to a safe place
Not everybody was afraid
Not everybody starts to pray
Monsters & Madmen do not come alive
but if they did there are plenty of places to hide
We can't turn the night into day
Nobody started a fire in an alley way
Nobody seemed to go crazy
And I didn't see anyway praying to the cat's eye.
When the lights go out
People can still be trusted
Everybody is not running in circles
Not everybody started to shout.
Some people partied down.
There was a big shadow comforting me
But nobody broke windows just because it was fun.
BTW: 3 hours later, back home and power is on.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
I wasn't really being sentimental at all but as I walked through the garage it smelled just like it always had.....it was so eerie. The smell brought me to tears. It was a scent that nobody would ever recognize, a scent that exists nowhere but that garage and it instantly took me back and I was really sad.
In the backyard there were a bunch of changes underway. Some brick work had been removed, several planters were gone as was the Bougainvillea, the shop (workshop) area had been turned into a square dog run, the big planter on the top patio was gone and there wasn't ivy to be found anywhere. Everything was different, and for me, that was okay. It will likely look nice when finished but today it was a mess. I snapped a bunch of pictures and then left.......through the garage.
Did I say that smelling the garage was weird? Yes, I know I did but it was SO remarkable. I would never even thought before that the garage had a special smell but walking through it there was no mistaking it. There are a couple of other scents that remind me of my grandparents.....Aramis cologne, honey milk shampoo (they didn't use it but there is something about it that reminds me of being at the beach house with my grandfather), Gardenias, French Vanilla coffee.....I am sure there are others but all of those scents can be duplicated but there is no place else on earth that has the scent of their garage.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
(1) I practiced updated my Facebook status in preparation for the Main Event next week. My two favorite statuses of the day were (1) "Kimberly doesn't understand why when she (customer) asks the parking attendant (worker) @ Burbank airport how she is why the parking attendant doesn't ask her how she is" (2) "Kimberly hates it when people refer to tuna sandwiches as tuna fish sandwiches"
(2) I saw the Starbucks that Queen B and I first "tried" to have coffee at. They all but kicked us for trying to use our cameras so we went to another one.
(3) I got to see Jeff.
(4) The pizza Mike ordered for lunch was really good and well worth blowing my diet over.
(5) My plane didn't crash
Monday, August 18, 2008
I have never seen a cloud cover quite like the one I saw flying into San Jose a couple of weeks ago. It was really cool and looked just like cotton, I was so impressed I busted out my camera after we had been instructed to stow all items we had taken out during the flight
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Here's my quick boycott list:
Chinese Chicken Salads
French Onion Soup
French Vanilla Ice Cream
Vietnamese Spring Rolls
German Chocolate Cake
Are you in? What foods have I left out?
P.S. Thank God there isn't a country called Chai or Chicken
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
"When buying curtains, keep the zippered plastic bag they come in to store those extra things like toiletries when traveling. You can see the items easily through the clear bag"
OK....REALLY? How often do people buy curtains? She acts like this is a daily purchase! Just use a Zip lock bag lady! Is that really a traveling tip? And if it is, is it really the best one she has?
One year ago today I had my touch up appointment on my eyeliner. For those that don't know, last summer I got my eyeliner tattooed on. Not one time have I regretted the decision! It is so much easier getting ready in the morning without having to put on that pesky eyeliner. Better than that, I can rub my eyes and never have eyeliner smudge!
Did it hurt? Yes but it wasn't terrible
How long did it take? Two appointments, about 2 hours for the first and an hour for the second
How much did it cost? It was a gift but I think about $500.00
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I was planning on stopping by an Outlet mall and so I looked online to see what stores were there. Usually, I would look for Eddie Bauer, Williams Sonoma, J Crew, Gap and Le Creuset (to name a few). Today, I went straight for the children's section and decided not to go since they didn't have a Carters.
REALLY, Who am I? I guess I'm Sydney's mom