Monday, September 22, 2014
So I am doing it again, binge watching, this time it's Alias with Jennifer Garner. While she may be the most bad-ass woman ever (seriously she is the female version of Jack Bauer) I have found that I am obsessed with her disguises and mostly her hair (Jane, what have you done to me). I have a couple of favorites below can you guess them?
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
Tricia and I had the opportunity to meet Liz Wiseman at a Silicon Valley preview of her upcoming book "Rookie Smarts". The book highlights the differences in veterans and rookie's and specifically how the ability to learn is more important than the knowledge you already have. I can't wait to read it! You can buy it here on October 14th.
Sunday, September 14, 2014
- Special treat Friday at Avalanche
- Evening swim and dinner at Thomas Cove
- Saturday morning soccer
- Saturday afternoon swim and dinner at Tanaka Cove (lol)
- Sunday relaxing
- Sunday night football dinner
- We have made it to season 3 of Alias
- Didn't go to the grocery store
- Got a heads start on homework for the week
- Caught up on some email
- David was at Northridge ALL WEEKEND LONG
Saturday, September 13, 2014
My team leaders and I participated in the Fantastic Race LA and it was awesome! From a team building perspective it couldn't have been better, the shirts Thaddeus made were "Amazing" and we had many take aways that we can apply to everyday work. Our race took us to the Hollywood Bowl, Grauman's Chinese Theater, LA's Central Library, Angel's Flight, Grand Central Market, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Hollywood Walk of Fame and more!
After the race we were all exhausted! Dinner and bed for an early start the next morning.
Friday, September 12, 2014
Last year I started "Running Missions" with these five. Missions generally consist of getting in the car and going a whole bunch of interesting places. Last Friday, we ran the following missions:
- Sneaked through the Black Cow (right past James) without being seen
- Dinner at Zeke's Smokehouse (first time we have been there-it was good)
- Running up the ramps at Zeke's
- Return trip to Black Cow for ice cream
- Trip by my office to pick up some supplies for my team meeting
- Yelling funny words in the parking structure to hear the echo
- First Tee-Pee trip ever was at the Tanaka's.
Tuesday, September 09, 2014
Sunday, September 07, 2014
But since I have been watching Alias I think she might be a spy for the CIA. In Alias, the main character's friends think she works for the bank but she is really a double agent for the CIA.
What does Amy really do when she leaves for work in the morning? Of course she doesn't have the travel cover (Sydney travels for the bank) so maybe Jane's the spy.