Sunday, April 29, 2007
Jen, Look how hot you are! I loved that dress! Miss Nance and Deb.
I was at Huntington this weekend. Reminded me of this party. Didn't Jen and I throw fabulous parties? This one was for Nancy's Birthday. A couple of questions/comments: (1) Where in the world was Andrea Deanda? (2) How tan am I??? and this was June, not August! (3) Look how long Bec's hair is (4) Who is the guy on the right in the jacket and furthermore why is he wearing shoes and socks at the beach?
- In one shot, she serves pizza
- She is standing next to the van when Susan and Lynette see a tarantula
- Carlos carries Gabby away and they walk right past her
- She's hanging out with her kids when Edie and Carlos are smoochin'
One last clue: She has on black pants and a long green sweater.
Go Kim, your one hot mama ;)
Saturday, April 28, 2007
If you haven't seen Planet Earth, it's time to start watching.
If you don't have an HD LCD TV, it's time to purchase one.
(1) Bad Day (Fuel)
(2) Everybody Hurts (REM)
(3) Losing My Touch (Toby Keith)
(4) With or Without You (U2)
(5) Let Her Cry (Hootie and the Blowfish)
(6) Because You Love Me (Celine Dion)
(7) Look Away (Chicago)
(8) November Rain (Guns and Roses)
(9) Wish You Were Here (Mark Wills)
(10) The Dance (Garth Brooks)
Top Songs for when your depressed and want to get out of it quickly (Note Country Music Liking Required):
(1) I Love This Bar (Toby Keith)
(2) Whiskey Girl (Toby Keith)
(3) We Shall Be Free (Garth Brooks)
(4) Born to Fly (Sara Evans)
(5) I'm Alright (Jo Dee Messina)
(6) Bye Bye (Jo Dee Messina)
(7) Goodbye Earl (Dixie Chicks)
(8) What About Now? (Lonestar)
(9) What the Cowgirls Do (Vince Gill)
(10) Good to go to Mexico (Toby Keith)
(11) Something Like That (Tim McGraw)
(12) Two Pina Coladas (Garth Brooks)
Yes, I have these as playlists on my IPOD.
Friday, April 27, 2007
I am struggling with the Random category. It is getting way too filled up and I am wondering if it should be broken up somehow. Agggh....the struggles of my life.
(Note the labels on the post, What to do?)
(1) Iced Venti Chai
(2) Listen to Country Music (No, it isn't all sad. Usually country music puts me in a good mood)
(3) Send a text message (You'll probably get one back)
(4) Take pictures of random people
(5) Go outside and enjoy the weather
(6) Throw some ketchup on the floor
(7) People watch at your local Starbucks
(8) Look for shopping carts
(9) Write a good blog
(10) Re-watch Season 5 of 24
(11) Go out with friends
(12) Update your IPOD
(13) Get a tattoo
(14) Call Jeff Tracey
(15) Bury someone
(16) Go somewhere new
(17) Play 80's music
(18) Have expensive Sushi for dinner
(19) Refuse to be negative
(20) Phone a friend
(21) Go shopping on Craig's List
(22) Play Ms Pacman
Thursday, April 26, 2007
This is the only escalator that exists in the entire City of Redding. I am contemplating moving since my escalator injury risk level would be greatly reduced.
I wonder how many escalators exist in Pasadena? Hmm...I'm thinking now. 4 at the Paseo, 2 at the Macy's, 1 at Tower Records, 1 outside by the Corner Bakery, 1 at the Sears, 1 at the old AMC movie theater in Old Town, 1 at the Target (old Robinson's-May) Is it possible that there are only 11? I would have originally thought there would be 100's.
How many are in your town? (In case you are wondering, this is a random topic even for me, I fell down the escalator at the Sacramento airport on Tuesday. It was an awful scene)
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
I was very happy to see that many names of my favorite people made the list. Some of the names are the first names (not just middle) but none the less they made the list in some form. Also note that I don't know everyone's middle name so if yours made the list, let us know.
For now, some of my favorites (in the order they appear in the middle list):
Ann, Jane, Dawn, Rae, Diane, Joy, Ruth, Rachel, Rebecca, Sara, Carol, Jennifer, Alexis, Amy, Laura, Andrea, Michael, James, Jon, Andrew, David, Thomas, Edward (Eddie), Anthony (Tony), Matthew, Scott, Mark, Benjamin (Ben), Jeff, Glenn,
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
I explained that the T-Mobile phone pad was better than the Cingular phone pad and the woman to the right in the picture was very happy since she is a T-Mobile customer. Her phone will be cooler than mine!
The picture below measures the size of the Blackberry Pearl to the size of the Motorola Razr. Surprisingly, they are very close in overall dimensions.
After this, Randy convinced the waitress (who knocked Ketchup all over the ground) that we were marketing managers for Heinz and were responsible for the creation of the Red Pearl that he owns. LOL.
On Friday, I walked by this Fire Hydrant on Thomas in Phoenix. It is located on the north side of the street between 3rd and 5th avenue.
The fire hydrant had five feet of pipes and chains connected to the pipe. It was really odd. I would love for an engineer to tell me what this is all about.
After reviewing my pictures of the fire hydrant I realized that I didn't get a good side view. Unfortunately, I noticed this when I was about to leave Phoenix so I engaged the help of the head honcho in Phoenix FSO to take a side shot. When she arrived to take the side shot (less than 48 hours after I took the original) she took the photo below. The strange connections had been removed and it had returned to normal.
So can anyone tell us what the connections were for?
Monday, April 23, 2007
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Saturday, April 21, 2007
The last couple of days have been pretty good. Yesterday, I had a very busy day at work although I didn't accomplish everything on my list. I will work on the remaining items tomorrow night. After work I went to Happy Hour with some of the Phoenix FSO folks and we had at good time.
Today, we went to the NASCAR race at PIR. I have such great pictures and I can't wait to share them with you. Hopefully, I will get this blackberry thing resolved by tomorrow so I can transfer these to my laptop. I think one of them might make to a "You Might Be a Redneck if" website.
Tomorrow brings a barbecue and I don't know what else but I think I am going to wear a new T-shirt that I got today. It will put me in a perfect position to win if I get involved in any competitions.
Last comment on my blackberry exchange. How happy am I that when I look at my blackberry I don't see the gashes on the side of it that reminded me of when I dropped it at the Sacramento airport? Nothing, like a nice new shiny pearl to make you happy! (If it only had the T-Mobile number keys it would be perfect!)
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
- Server Outage at RIM is causing delays on send/receive on Blackberries in North America and Europe
- There is no ETA
- Communication from RIM has been poor
My favorite line from all articles that I read this morning refers to whats next: These poor addicts may actually have to talk to each other. (LOL)Below is one of the thousands of articles:
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Anyhow, Rosie has apparently been giving Elisabeth some crap over her conservative view points and a couple of weeks ago said she was young and ignorant. I hate Rosie! Always, have, this doesn't help.
Lastly, as I was reading the article I found out that Rosie writes her blog in Haiku style! So I went to check it out because "her style of Haiku writing is so great" Here is her apology to Elisabeth:
i love Elisabeth
i hurt her feelings
i feel badly
she has forgiven me
i have not myself"
All I have to say is this is not a freaking Haiku! As we all learned back in our own Haiku blog: http://kim1champ.blogspot.com/search?q=haiku, Haiku's contain specific characteristics, none of which are found here. Champ to Rosie: All Haiku's are three lines only! Traditional Haiku's use 5/7/5 syllables and American Haiku's use 3/5/3 syllables. If you are going to call yourself a Haiku blogger, know what a Haiku is first!
Take her down, Elisabeth!!!!!
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Also noteworthy, in the last year I have flown into 5 of the top 12 most dangerous airports. Anybody have me beat? I know of one person who can at least tie me.......
Anyhow, here is the top 12 airports in terms of danger:(1) North Las Vegas, (2) Long Beach, CA, (3) Charlotte's Douglas Airport, (4) LAX, (5) Boston's Logan Airport, (6) Sky Harbor, (7) Newark, NJ, (8) O'Hare, (9) Philadelphia, PA (10) Daytona Beach, (11) Midway, Chicago, (12) Fort Lauderdale. FL
Friday, April 13, 2007
Special Thanks to Mark Peters for capturing this photo. He entitles this photo "Lady Bug in Hummus on Spring Day" LOL (Note fork marks in lower right corner)
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Mark has won the above mentioned award (Please note that HE declared himself the winner) for the lovely poem he wrote below:
Kim stopped by on Monday
And wrote me a note
It said I was wonderful
That’s nice, but who am I to gloat?
Her note also said more things
Like she missed me on her last two trips
But what she didn’t know
Is that I was home doing flips
Now why I was home flipping
Is most curious indeed
Especially when you consider
It was on the back of a steed
What Kim hasn’t heard
Is that I think she’s so bright
‘Cuz unfortunately for her
On those last two trips I’ve been out of sight
Now this poem must end
And I must get back to work
Or Kim might just think
“Gosh, that Mark’s a real jerk!”
P.S. For those that don't know, Mark is a very talented web developer who is responsible for these two works of art:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zxvzdoZnJCY/RamQ4n08UkI/AAAAAAAAATA/w0D9LiHs6Io/s1600-h/queenb.jpg
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
It took about four hours and the doctor said it went like clock work. Unfortunately, only time will tell if it actually worked and fixed the Atrial Fibrillation but as of right now she is remaining in normal sinus rhythm. She's feeling good and most likely coming home in the morning.
It costs six dollars to park in the parking structure at Huntington Hospital unless you are an employee, a doctor, a visitor or a patient. I ask you: How many people come to the hospital and don't fall into one of these categories?
1. I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position.
2. You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn't have received anything at all.
3. I will be unable to delete all the unread, worthless emails you send me until I return from holiday on 4 April. Please be patient and your mail will be deleted in the order it was received.
4. Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged 5.99 for the first ten words and 1.99 for each additional word in your message.
5. The e-mail server is unable to verify your server connection and is unable to deliver this message. Please restart your computer and try sending again.
6. Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queuing system. You are currently in 352nd place, and can expect to receive a reply in approximately 19 weeks.
7. I've run away to join a different circus.
8. I will be out of the office for the next 2 weeks for medical reasons. When I return, please refer to me as 'Margaret' instead of 'Steve'.
Monday, April 09, 2007
If the next seven episodes are as good as tonight's, there may actually be some redemption for season six.
This is the first time all season that I am in total suspense for next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!!!!!
Note: lots of explanation points in this blog entry=lots and lots of excitement
P.S. The other highlight of my day was lunch with Mr. Williams :)
Out on the Streets
I am a puter nerd walking ,Microsoft talking
king of my jungle just a egg head stalking
Fixing puters like a firecracker quick are my fingers
Dead are the tickets, the puters you abuse
hard or soft, macs or tiks, it just doesnt matter
PC's run for the life when my pager chatters
Nerds of CA, we never die - just improvise - Puters
I own the right tool
you now me fool
I don't need your assistance, f1 persistence
Any Problem I got I just put jist in
my life is compliant but compliance is life
stability a dream, reality is trife
my puters, my code, my tickets, my all
with my puters upon me one geek stands tall
Tell me what have you left here, what have I got
Last night in Unreal Tourny my avatar got Shot
My flag got jacked
My brothers a hack
My sister cant aim, cause carpal tunnels a fact
End user insanity life a dichotomy
then come some Programmer claimin they understandin me
give me a break, what world do you live in
fixen puters, guess my specialty
Um...yeah, king geek, don't quit your day job :) Everybody else.....can you guess who the king geek is?
Friday, April 06, 2007
Here are the top 22 reasons why I haven't run out of material yet:
22. Paper Towel Dispensers
21. Reality TV
20. Ms. Pacman
19. Good Restaurants
18. Cell Phones
16. Stupid People
15. Blackberry's and Treo's
14. Other Technology
12. Queen B
10. Phoenix FSO Team
8. Friends and Family
6. Long Island
5. The TSA
4. The Internet
3. Mr and Mrs Smith
2. Constant Travel
and the number one reason I still have blogging material:
1. Discreet Photography (BB Pearl)
Thursday, April 05, 2007
So please, please, everyone wish Ms. Alexis the best belated birthday ever because I am feeling like a total loser!!!!!!!!!>
P.S. Alexis, tell your mom that a beautiful dress is coming her way.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
I just took the online version of M.A.S.H. which can be found here: http://www.playmash.com/
Here are the results of my first online M.A.S.H. game:
I am married to Brad Pitt
I drive a BMW
My favorite color is Blue
I have no kids
I live in Banff, Canada
I am a Newswoman AND
I live in a House
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
(1) Jack's screen time is very limited. He is appearing in only about 10% of the hour.
(2) It almost seems like the real time aspect is gone. Last night, 10 minutes after Palmer comes out of the coma he is in situation room.
(3) Inconsistencies abound. Yesterday they had the Supreme Court in session (they called it the afternoon) but it was really 2:00AM Eastern Time.
(4) Very little Chloe time. I think she was on for about 2 minutes last night.
(5) Where the heck is Audrey (and no, she isn't dead).
(6) Repeat story lines: Another arm cut off, more bombs to find, oh and lets overthrow the President, AGAIN!
(7) We are two thirds through the season and almost nothing has happened.
(8) 70% of the show is revolving around the White House rather than the field.
(9) I am not bonding with the new characters as at all. Literally, I have no interest in them.
(10) Failure to close loops. Is Logan still alive? Why bring up Audrey just to forget about her?
When getting ready to post the picture I made another observation. The windshield in my car is really dirty! LOL. I keep using the excuse, "Oh, I'm going to be out of town tomorrow so why get the car washed just so I can let it sit at the airport". Well, the time has come and the car is getting washed tomorrow.
Sunday, April 01, 2007
For some time, David and I have been discussing the need to do something more meaningful with our lives. The items we have been kicking around range dramatically in commitment level. We have talked about everything from conserving energy by not using our air conditioner to running for public office. (You know me, I am always all over the map)
Anyway, after much careful thought we have decided that we are going to move to Long Island. I am going to run to replace Hillary as the Jr Senator from New York! This is a huge move for us both personally and professionally but we are really excited! Please wish us luck on this new endeavor.
Having announced my candidacy I hope you all understand that the blog will now have to be more focused on issues rather than the random stories that you have become accustomed to reading. Stay Tuned for the following stories in the coming weeks:
*Environmental impact report on Mayonnaise factories and why Ketchup is the most environmental friendly condiment
*Why Emergency Shelters should serve Funeral Potatoes instead of Beef Stew
*Building Relationships with local authorities through innovate photography
*Implementation of easily identifiable (Yellow) Emergency Phones in public areas
*Coast Guard preparedness for when the tide is high
*Stringent controls for the distribution of platinum cards
*Improvement standards for public restrooms
*22 ways to improve your public image
*Supporting local charities results in improved consumer satisfaction
*The need for reasonable expiration dates on all state drivers licenses
*Building personal relationships with the governor by balancing humor and business
*Fascinating Treasures coming soon to the Smithsonian Institute
Lastly, I will initially be sponsoring the following two bills:
(1) Freedom Talker-Obtaining FAA approval for the use of mobile phones on all domestic flights
(2) Blackberries For Everyone-It doesn’t matter your race, sex, age or whether you are an illegal alien. I want everyone to know what it’s like to have one of dem new blackberries. No child should need to worry where their next text message is coming from.
This new chapter in my life would not be possible without the support of my friends and family. Thank you!